Weight loss smoothies and green smoothies are a great way to boost metabolism, get all your vitamins and minerals, control calories, control cravings, and get a lean toned body faster. The best part about weight loss smoothies is they save you time and simplify your life. Get started with any of the recipes below.
Berry Green Superfoods Smoothie - The color of this smoothie is a deep
purple so if drinking something green turns you off this is a great greens smoothie to start having until you get over the whole green drink issue. Not even sure why some women have this issue when they drink brown, red, blue, pink, yellow, and orange drinks all the time (coffee, gatorade, vitamin water, beer, wine, cosmos, soft drinks are all kinds of colors so why not green!).
Tropical Green Superfoods Smoothie - The color of this smoothie is a bright green or more of a forest green if you use chocolate superfoods powder instead of regular.
Orange Smoothie - This smoothie tastes like dessert and is a light
1. Measure your ingredients for portion control. Remember that eating too much of any food can take you over your ideal calorie intake for weight loss and/or fatloss.
2. Try to use organic ingredients as often as possible this way you avoid pesticides, chemicals, and food additives that your body can't process and that get stored in your fat cells. Organic also tastes better and is much more filling than a processed food shake.
3. Use whey protein powder instead of soy. Whey protein contains a fat burning amino acid called leucine, and a peptide that increases CCK, a satiety hormone. It also contains more branched chain amino acids than other proteins which increases lean muscle and in turn boosts metabolism and fatloss.
4. If using a regular blender always start
with wet ingredients then fruit and veggies then powders last for a
blend and easy clean up. You don't need an expensive blender to make
great smoothies but...
If you make a green smoothie with slightly different ingredients every day you get a wider variety of minerals and nutrients in your diet. My new favorite is pineapple banana spinach romaine celery and mint.
5. Use supplements that are going to boost metabolism and improve the nutrient content of your smoothies. The ones featured above are the best for weight loss, fatloss, health and energy.
6. Be creative! Don't be afraid to experiment with your smoothie ingredients to find combinations that you love. I recently experimented with a green tea chocolate smoothie and ended up loving it.
Green Tea Chocolate Smoothie
beautiful jade green smoothie has a relaxing effect and tastes great.