There are countless exercises and workouts you can do to improve your female figure but these 7 moves are the best exercises for women who want to burn some bodyfat, shrink waist, get a round sexy booty, sculpt lean toned legs and arms, flat abs and a full perky chest. But don't all women want that you ask? The simple answer to that is NOPE! Some women want to get ripped and athletic and insanely strong and there is nothing wrong with that but that is not what this site is for so keep scrolling down if your goal is to just have a fit healthy super sexy female figure...
1. Hip extension - This move might just be the most photographed and filmed exercise in the history of exercises . The number of names for hip extensions is almost as daunting as the number of ways to do them but one of the best versions for all body types is the mega ball single leg hip extension with kick pictured here. Similar to the feet on stability ball tabletop but just targets the glutes and inner thighs while cinching waist and without bulking the upper body. My dog loves this move too as you can see.
2. Squat thrust - Not to be confused for a burpee is great for fat burning cardio but also targets the legs arms and core without bulking the upper back and waist. My favorite version is the straddle jump squat jump pictured here but squat thrust sit thru is also great especially if you need to target legs more. Tons of squat thrusts and more of the best exercises for women in ybff corset core & bodycon plans!
3. Single leg lunge - One of my clients called this move the overnight butt makeover because it has the power to lift tighten and plump your booty in just one session. This can be done with foot on a couch chair bench suspension trainer or mega ball as shown in youtube video here. You can also add a hop jump to burn fat AND build more booty. Tons of these in love your booty plan if you need more ideas.
4. Cardio intervals - If you've learned anything on this site it's probably that you don't need a ton of traditional cardio to get fit get lean or get sexy AND stay that way for life. If you've been really paying attention then you know that cardio intervals can be incorporated into virtually every move, circuit or routine for short periods of time for maximum fat burning and sexy body results. That being said one of my favorite forms of cardio intervals is still uphill sprinting. I do my cardio outdoors whenever I can and if not possible then I do cardio using a chair, a rope, stairs or bands.
5. Dynamic plank - I've written about dynamic planks many times but the ones I featured before involved a lot of movement transitioning from one side to another or from front to back etc. Check out my dynamic planks blog post if you haven't tried those yet. The dynamic planks I really love right now are yoga ones that involve tons of flexibility and core activation. They're like plank holds to the 1 millionth power because unlike boring plank holds on forearms you actually have to use all kinds of muscles not to fall on your face. Some of my favorites are firefly, crow, flying pigeon prep, 8 angle, peacock and flying warrior or sage koundinyasana both pictured here.
6. Bodyweight row - This is the only type of row that will improve posture and core stability but will not widen your back or bulk your trapezius. Why is this row better than a bent over row or seated vertical row or horizontal row on cables? Because you are forced to use exceptional posture otherwise you lose your balance or struggle to even do it. With other rows you can cheat dozens of ways and train all the wrong muscles. The one pictured here is the easiest to learn with an inexpensive rope or the $29 suspension trainer I reviewed here then gave to my sister. This is the best of the best exercises for women that most women avoid or pass over for other less effective ones.
7. Spinal rock - Of all the core moves this is the one to do if you really want to start to flatten your abs and cinch your waist. You can start with basic spinal rocking then progress to the standing up version then the jump up version and finally the rollover and squat thrust version. Not only does this move train spinal flexion extension and corset muscle action it also burns a ton of calories. All the versions here CAN be achieved by most women. If the 60 year old ladies in some of my Pilates classes can you can too!